Easy (and Delicious) Greek Chicken
Greek food is easily one of my favourite cuisines! This recipe is great for a quick and healthy supper. Also, ideal for lunch leftovers as the flavours in the chicken taste even better the next day.
Greece is also on my bucket list to travel to…. Look at those views!!
4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
0.5 tbsp (or to taste) dried oregano
Pepper, to taste
1. Heat pan on medium heat
2. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Sprinkle in oregano and stir into oil/vinegar mixture.
3. While the sauce is warming, slice chicken breasts into strips and place into pan.
4. Cook the chicken, approximately 10 minutes per side or until well cooked and sauce has absorbed into the chicken.
5. While the chicken is cooking, chop desired veggies (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, olives).
6. Top with feta cheese and tzatziki (if using).
This chicken is delicious on a salad, in a pita or with a side of Greek lemon potatoes (for a gluten-free option). To make this recipe dairy-free, hold the cheese & tzatziki and consider topping with balsamic dressing.